Got my wheels painted and mounted new 205-65 in the back and some decent 135-65 in the front.
I have to pass the inspection before i can lower it, or i prefor to do it that way.
above: how it sits right now
Below: the plan
Well the progress over the past 4 month has been slow. But now after watching Roadkill live the past weekend i whanna get the car done.
This is what has happen in the past month.
I had an extra pair of headlight glasses so i painted 2 of them with yellow glas paint. Looks pretty good, but i’m not sure i’m going to use them.
And i have always wanted 2 nice yellow foglights, but i’m not gonna pay 100€ for them. So i surfed the ebay wave and found these 4″ lights and they cost
14€ from China with shipping so i had to order them =)
And i had yellow glas paint over so i painted them yellow of course 🙂 Turned out great, but it´s to mutch with the headligts i think.
And i have finaly painted the inside.
And a car with the work name Coffee Glider needs a real coffee cup holder right?
This is how it sits right now, need to lower it fast =)
Thats all for now
Well time for an update.
The progress has been slow the last 2 month but i’m gettin there. It’s almost time for paint.
My broders kid has helped me prepp the car for paint 🙂
My buddy Erik has fixed upp the old wheels.
Trying out the new paint, the name of the paint? coffee brown and it´s satin, think it gonna look badass when it´s done.
Still a long way to go.
Well this weekend has been productive, on Saturday we pulled the body of the pan and start fixing all the fucked up welding job somebody has done before. We could rip it of with our hands, thats how bad the welding was. My friend Niklas is better then me with the welder so he is my personal welder for this little project 🙂 Me and my buddy Jesper that i’m borrowing the garage from started scrapeing the pan from crap and stuf. The pan is realy solid for not being on the road for 20 years. the last passed car safety inspection is 1989.
Well some pictures from the wekeend.
Body of, and a nice hight for working.
I did have some thoughts how i should do with the messed up dashboard, somebody had put an oldstyle rev limiter under the dash, but cut a big ass nasty hole for a oilpresure gauge above the stereo, instead of finding another dash to cut a peace from we came up with this, it’s an old stereo that i had and it should work and we put the rev limiter above there stereo in the hole, doesn’t look sooooo bad i think
need a little more job but you get the idea.
Cleaning up the front end.
Rolled out the pan and in with the body, as you can see the back part needs some love.
And Niklas started cutting away some old welding work
And when the body was of i started cleaning up the engine bay wall.
And Jesper and Patrik started ripping out the 6 to 12volt conversion that probably was made by a retard.
Well thats all for now folks