Well this weekend has been productive, on Saturday we pulled the body of the pan and start fixing all the fucked up welding job somebody has done before. We could rip it of with our hands, thats how bad the welding was. My friend Niklas is better then me with the welder so he is my personal welder for this little project 🙂 Me and my buddy Jesper that i’m borrowing the garage from started scrapeing the pan from crap and stuf. The pan is realy solid for not being on the road for 20 years. the last passed car safety inspection is 1989.
Well some pictures from the wekeend.
Body of, and a nice hight for working.
I did have some thoughts how i should do with the messed up dashboard, somebody had put an oldstyle rev limiter under the dash, but cut a big ass nasty hole for a oilpresure gauge above the stereo, instead of finding another dash to cut a peace from we came up with this, it’s an old stereo that i had and it should work and we put the rev limiter above there stereo in the hole, doesn’t look sooooo bad i think
need a little more job but you get the idea.
Cleaning up the front end.
Rolled out the pan and in with the body, as you can see the back part needs some love.
And Niklas started cutting away some old welding work
And when the body was of i started cleaning up the engine bay wall.
And Jesper and Patrik started ripping out the 6 to 12volt conversion that probably was made by a retard.
Well thats all for now folks